Thursday, December 21, 2006

BEARS BE DRAGONS

My brothers and sisters in beardoom (uuh!, those final consonants DO sound scary) better then to say that my bear brothers have invited me to a beartastic and fun party to celebrate the end of 2006 (we made it! we made it! we made it!). The question is, how to highlight my concerns about the ice while having fun at the same time? Oh! puppy, puppy no, no no!, what a slippery dilemma! If everything is political, and I mean EVERYTHING, in the sense that every object, every little piece of our modern culture conveys a meaning, a reference, a consideration, a perspective about the world, how to go about dressing up for such a fancy and memorable party? As I was considering this existential concern of mine I saw a bird flying above the clear crisp sky, one of those new species venturing further north. Then the thinking machine clicked on. That feathered flying fratello I was observing was once upon a time a mighty dinosaur! Was I contemplating my own future? I mean my species. Will bears run the same fate as dinosaurs? (a deep growl here) then, better be a bear AND a dinosaur now than never ever ever! So I'm going to the New Year's Eve party wearing a dinosaur outfit. Yeah! there's going to be a dancing bear-dinosaur. Past, present and future in one single act. Evolution, extinction and tragedy in a single act of happiness and désarroi. It will be a Molière's laughter. We the bears, the modern dinosaurs, dancing in their last act. Optimism, where art thou? Yes, bears be dragons.

No comments: