Monday, August 20, 2007

THIS BEAR WAKES UP AT THE FURY IN MONTEBELLO

I went for a nap, and seven months have passed since my last entry. The sound of the fury woke me up. The young, the concerned are going to rattle the police lines in Montebello in the next few days. You don't have to have the brains of an Einstein to understand that nothing good is coming for us bears from that meeting in Montebello. Just look who's going to be there, an American president whose brains seem to be smaller than of a penguin, sending kids without papers or chance to go to college to die in Irak, so the Cheney posse can sleep well over their ill-acquired millions, a Mexican president that stole an election and a crusty Canadian Prime Minister, eager to sacrifice our own kids in Afghanistan to please Bush and manipulate the democratic process in the way.
What are they going to discuss? Whatever it is, it will benefit mostly that crust of 30 fats cats, the "private sector", the "investors", those people that know the price of everything but not the value of one single Polar Bear. As long as the business elite in North America doesn't assume its social responsabilities, all of us will have to endure more pollution and more environmental damage. So, I went to sleep, I wake up and I see that things are getting pretty tough in my melting homeland.

No comments: